dealerships

judd

Does anyone on here do dealerships? I had a friend in college that did 5 of them and mad some mad cash. I was wondering what ppl charged for this and what all they did on the cars...

jetstream1 said:
Any where from 75 to 1.50 a car for a spot free wash

are you kidding me!! just say the dealer has 200 cars at a dollar a pop, thats only 200$ that wouldint be worth my time it would take a half a day.

north coast

speed speed speed. It is mainly just a rinse to get off dust pollen and bird poo. Spot free rinse is a must I have seen companies with one guy washing and two guys hand drying but that is just a lack of proper equipment.

jetstream1

appearance said:
are you kidding me!! just say the dealer has 200 cars at a dollar a pop, thats only 200$ that wouldint be worth my time it would take a half a day.
I saw two guy do 60 cars in 40 min

Pro Plus

I have 5 dealership accounts and I charge 100.00 minimun for a dealer less than 50 cars! I also have 2 dealers with about 200 cars and I get 2.00 per car 2.50 per truck/van and have one helper I pay 10.00 an hour. All that I do is a Hot water rinse and you have to have quality chammy's to dry with. And be sure to rinse the chammy's every 3 or 4 cars to get a non streak finish. It is labor intensive because of all the drying but hey money is money and you can never make up for a lost buck!! Also remember that if they use a local car wash they will be paying for a driver,gas, and a minimum of 4 to 5.00 a car. Don't kill the industry at 1.00 a car!!

jetstream1

Hey i am not killing nothing Look at where I live FLORIDA CAN YOU SAY THIS STATE IS CHEAPER LIVING...I WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE 2 BUCKS A CAR IF I RAN HOT WATER AND HAND DRY

Pro Plus

well....maybe you can give me a tip ! Just rinsing doesn't do the job up here in MI. So the chammy ultimetly picks up whats left over. Is there a chemical to use for a spot free hands off rinse on these babies!?!? I also have a soft water system but have no idea how to intragrate with washer!?!? It came as a pkg. deal with my unit...Sorry if I was a lil' brash on my pryer thread but go for the throat...Michigan has one of the worst economies in the entire U.S. and i'm sellin' my ass off to get what I get!

J

JT's Wash

Spot Free

If any one has any ideas on SPOT FREE I would love to hear them. Here is WI our water is harder than the dirt. If you cant get your softener set up give me an E-mail I hooked mine up myself and it does help alot.

See-It-Clean

Pro Plus, where in michigan are you located? I have been approached by a few dealerships and we do not do them so if your still interested PM me. Good Luck!

scorpionkpr

We use 1 Sprayer and 2 Wipers. You can use cold or hot water (hot Helps). We spray and wipe down the car at 60 seconds a car. We charge $2.00 per vehicle. We have no competitors. 60 cars in an hour @ $2 is $120 an hour (not to bad). We use all RO water. I have a soft water/RO sewt up in shop and fill 2 1000 gallon tanks in shop and use a farm implement pump to transfer to my 1000 gallon tank in my wash truck. Our entire RO setup was $7500 but RO water is a must in my opinion. 4 washes with hard water and you are then paying them to get hard water spots buffed out. We only wash car dealers on Thurs and Fri by deaker request. They want them ready for the weekend. We have 80% of the car lots in town which is 750 to 850 cars per week. Everyone does it different so I suppose there will be plenty of posts replying to this but it's how we work.

DAFF

Ok it has been way toooooo long since I posted or read up on things. Anyone which lives near or around Michigan Keep this in mind. Here in Windsor we have a huge demand for washing new vehicles, not to keep them clean but to reduce bug dammage. All the major lots in our are have me in to rinse off thier vehicles in the am. In the hight of the summer we are doing 2500/week.

One of our clients had $80 000.00 damage in one summer due to bugs. We scrub the vehicles once a month and rinse 2-3 times a week. Sometimes 5 times during the height of the bug season. So this is the time of year to get out your feelers and see what your area holds. If you live in one of these hot spots(bugs) you can make some serious cash.

As for rinsing vehicles mutiple times a week I have found GPM is king. Running a 2025 tip @1800PSI. and a 6.5' lance.

Will keep in touch

DAFF

biodude

What are the bugs doing to them? Pooping on the cars and damaging the paint? I could see it if they were splatting on the cars. Then the corrosiveness of the guts eats away at the paint, but this sounded like new cars on a lot, so I don't think that would apply.

DAFF

The bug dammage comes from the acidicy of the bugs dring up and melting into the clearcoat of the paint. See what happens is the bugs are attracted by the bright lights of the dealership at night. Then in the morning they accumulate on the dew formed on the top of the vehicles. As the sun get hotter and hotter the bugs are baked into the paint. More so on the darker colours than light, because of the higher surface temps due to paint colour.

This also happens with another bug but with its eggs. A little green bug the size of a eraser tip on a pencil lays its egs on the surface of the vehicle. With the help of the sun this jelly like stuff will actually eat through the clear coat base coat and stop just shy of the bare metal. After the dammage is done it looks much like a stone chip, but only on the horizontal surfaces of the vehicle. Even if the lights are removed out of the equasion there will still be bug damage issues but not as severe. The only real solution is to rinse off the vehicles in the morning.

EPC INC

I just thought I'd share my dealership washing with the board. I'm in the Kansas City area. Dealerships is the base of our work throwing in a little flat work and residential. This is our 7th year. We run a two gun hot/cold machine at 8gpm (4gpm per gun). The washers thoroughly rinse the dirt OFF the car followed by 2 chamoiers per washer. The least I charge is $1.60 per car. Thats if the dealership goes twice per week. I have a $100 minimum. Running two guns and 4 chamoiers we clean on average 180 cars per hour. Dealerships love us because we are in and out. My labor is roughly $80 an hour allowing me to profit over $200 per hour.

Our Sponsors