Pressure Pro? BCE Hydromax? Landa?

BigChief

I'm in the market for another machine. I'm building a two-man rig. I've already posted a notice in the Garage Sale forum, but I'm looking around at some new units as well. I've heard good and bad about most all of them at one time or another. Has anyone ever used a Pressure Pro rig? They've got an 8gpm/3500psi model that fits my requirements very nicely.

Also, from what I've learned so far, BCE Hydromax rigs in Georgia seem to be well-engineered; or is someone pulling my leg?:confused:

and then there's Landa and Alkota - - both respectable names and great units, but do you really have to pay THAT much to get good quality?:smad:

And, just wondering, has anyone ever done an unbiased, independent comparison of commercial rigs? Comparison of features such as: durability, reliability, service after the sale, true psi and gpm, etc.[help]

Any input would be appreciated......... thanks!!!

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Jud,

Top quality, great price?

800 292-EASY :)

Give me a call M-F 8-4 PDT
pressurewasherzone_1978_15098962

Whatever you get, Atleast go with a Kohler engine or single cylinder Honda. Numerous complaints and breakdowns on the Honda V-Twin. See if Mark can get you in a 25hp Kohler 8gpm machine.

BigChief

I have to agree on the Kohler - - my current Mi-T-M rig is one of the older units with the Kohler Command 20 and it has given me zero problems.........

FCPWLLC

My Pressure-Pro is as good as my Landa was at half the price. No problems out of either one. For the money, there are nice units for less. I don't mind paying more to get more but if they are the same then it is a no-brainer to pay less. Except when it comes to the other factors like customer service. Then you'll pay more for that.

copgib

I have been using a Pressure Pro with a Honda twin V for over 2-years now without any problems. Always starts up right away and is reliable. As long as you do you regular maintenance on the unit that Honda will take care of you. Hugh

BigChief

Thanks for the info, Hugh.... as for myself, I'm retired law enforcement; I can now go into a bar and not have to fight my way out......

copgib

Looks like we have something in common. After retiring from the US Navy where I was in Law Enforcement, I went with the Sheriff's Department and retired as a Deputy Sergeant. Moved from the Florida Keys to just outside Gainesville Florida and started my own Pressure Washing Business. Best of luck and keep in touch. Hugh

Sparklean

This is the Pressure Pro you're talking about, correct? Pressure-Pro

If so, the prices on the website are an absolute ripoff! over $2,700 for the exact same unit sold elsewhere for $1,100. Over $1,700 for a surface cleaner that can be had for around $350 almost anywhere else on the web.

Cat pump 66DX35GG1 (Which I think they meant 66DX35G1) is listed at $955. That's insane and around 3 times the price that pump normally sells for.

If that is the correct Pressure Pro and if the pricing sheet I'm looking at is the same one you would be quoted from then I say buy elsewhere and save a bundle!

I'm new here and cannot vouch for Mark, but others who have been coming here for quite a while vouch for him. I know his prices are better than those on pressure-pro.com

Last edited:

copgib

Pressure Pro is a good model but I would never buy it from the manufacture. There are alot of vendors out there that sell good machines. Mark for one sells them as well as others on different forums. I can only speak for the machine that I have and use daily which is Pressure -Pro. No matter what you decide to buy try to buy one that will give you hot water also, because sooner or later you will need hot water to get that concrete clean of oil and grease. It also makes getting gum off concrete alot easier. Hugh

FCPWLLC

This is the Pressure Pro you're talking about, correct? Pressure-Pro

If so, the prices on the website are an absolute ripoff! over $2,700 for the exact same unit sold elsewhere for $1,100. Over $1,700 for a surface cleaner that can be had for around $350 almost anywhere else on the web.

Cat pump 66DX35GG1 (Which I think they meant 66DX35G1) is listed at $955. That's insane and around 3 times the price that pump normally sells for.

If that is the correct Pressure Pro and if the pricing sheet I'm looking at is the same one you would be quoted from then I say buy elsewhere and save a bundle!

I'm new here and cannot vouch for Mark, but others who have been coming here for quite a while vouch for him. I know his prices are better than those on pressure-pro.com

Those are MSRP prices but rarely will you find those prices from the vendors that sell them. I bought my 5.6 gpm @ 3500 Pressure Pro hot water skid for $4600. The same specs on my Landa cost me $9000. I have owned both and can say that they both performed well and made money for me. For half the price though, you can have 2 machines making money for you or one machine and $$$ left over for marketing.

BigChief

Yep, Hugh's right, that is MSRP. I tell you, Sparklean, I've been doing some checking around (still haven't made a decision) but I did find something you might be interested in. There's a Pressure Pro dealer down in Beaumont just a little bit east of you, A&A Pressure (I think). Tommy Thompson did me right on a quote and has been in the business for years...Good guy and seems to know his stuff...

DAFF

When looking at comparable units don't forget about the RPM of the machine. Myself look for the larger twin units belt driven, don't forget to find out about the dcb. ratings of the units. I had a Landa which absolutely screamed to produce the RPM to run the pump and generator costantly got noise complaints at those late night jobs.

The last step is to look for the availability of replacement parts. Noting worse than being down because the 2cent part won't be here for a week.

john orr

I've been using HydroTek for about 6 years and have gotten excellent service from the 2 units I have had. My current rig is a 2-man (8gpm/3000psi). I recommend that you check them out.

Our Sponsors