Concrete cleaning and staining/sealing

JR Wood

I was in Lowe's home improvement center the other day and I saw a new display of concrete stain w/sealer in
it.There was dozens of colors and they said they could mix up any color you want.Does anyone currently provide this service? and if so is it easy to stain concrete? I have sealed lots of concrete but I am just wondering if you can get streaks and lap marks and all that, working with stain? This seems like a great add on.

------------------
J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE

DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey JR,

What's with all the different names ? Also how long with each business.
smile_spin.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Mike Hughes

Also........don't you end up paying 4 times the insurance and taxes???

I have considered splitting my company in two in the past.........but didn't pursue it because I figured all of the extra costs wouldnt be worth it.

Your thoughts on that, John??

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

JR Wood

J.R Wood Power Washing is 5 years old.

Abacus Deck Care is 2 years old.
I only use the Abacus name in 2 counties which have a lot of power washing companies.So I strictly concentrate on deck cleaning and this name puts me first in all the phone books and ads.The full name is Abacus Exterior Maintenance.

J&B Snow plow is a joint venture between Me and a friend.That is 2 years old.

Showcase is starting up in the spring and is also a joint venture between me and my old boss.I used to be a landscaper and he runs two landscape companies.When he told me he had 100 fertilizing accounts and he was making 75K a year off of them.And it only takes 5 days every 6 weeks from march thru november I became very interested.We are sending out 10,000 fliers FEB 15

As for the insurance I have Abacus Exterior maintenance and J.R Wood Power washing on the same insurance Plan.The snow plowing is on my buddies Landscaping policy and The fertilizing company Is going to cost us $375 each when we start up in the spring.I am going to take the pesticide test at the end of February.
You can find all these companies listed in the
In both Morris county directories both Warren county directories and passiac county (all in New Jersey)
Under the headings:

Deck cleaning and waterproofing.
Painting contractor.
Gutters and downspouts.
Asphalt contractor.
Lawn maintenance.
Snow removal.

BELIEVE ME,THIS KEEPS ME VERY BUSY.
I will be hiring temp help this year.

------------------

Jon

Come on JR, we know it is to mess with the IRS, incorporate and avoid paying taxes.

Now it does make sense what he does, my only question is when do you find time to eat and sleep?

Let me see if I get this right, you first go clean a deck, then you go spread some horse manure around, then pressure wash something so you can sort of rinse off that manure before you plow some snow.
smile_spin.gif
icon17.gif
smile_spin.gif
icon17.gif

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

[This message has been edited by Jon (edited February 02, 2001).]

JR Wood

First Off,As for the taxes.I'm pretty sure the only "extra" I pay is to my accountant.Last year is the first time I showed a profit and I haven't gotten my stuff back so I don't know what I'll pay.

The abacus and J.R Wood power washing I consider one company.I just needed a way to get noticed in a few of the phone books I am in.Sort of like Helmans mayonnaise is known as best foods in the west.It's still the same product.I also have both names registered that way John R Wood D.B.A Abacus exterior maintenance A.K.A J.R Wood Power washing and my bank account is set up that way.
So this is no different as if I was using one name.

The snow Plowing obviously does not interfere with the other company...as a matter of fact If I didn't have a partner I would advertise the snow plowing as Abacus.

Since I haven't started fertilizing yet I don't know what I'll do but if things get hectic I'll look for employees.

A LOT of Landscapers, landscape,fertilize,pressurewash and snow plow.Are you saying it can't be done?

P.S What does this have to do with concrete staining?
------------------

[This message has been edited by JR Wood (edited February 02, 2001).]

JR Wood

Mike That comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.It sort of was addressing another post that had to do with straying off the subject.

P.S at the bottom of my signature you see the phrase "Did someone say diversify"?
That was an actual phrase used on another bulletin board,When I asked a question about 4 years ago.I was having trouble staying busy and ( I don't know if he will remember this or not)Dave Olsen said it and I never forgot it obviously!
------------------

[This message has been edited by JR Wood (edited February 02, 2001).]

Jon

JR,

I was teasing you, kidding with you and not in anyway trying to attack you.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

------------------
Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

JR Wood

I didn't take it the wrong way.I was just expaining myself.I am proud of the fact that I would take on all this stuff,I just hope it ends up a success and not running me into the ground.

------------------

spraymasters

Hey Jr.....I know where you are coming from. For me:::
Full time college professor
Also at the college I am full time Special Support Services {love all the hats!}
Own North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
Own Long Mtn Planters - Make hypertufa planters selling wholesale/retail
Teach SCUBA
****and**** gotta play sometime and keep up with the "honey-do" list!!!
smile.gif

Dennis

------------------
Living Life On the Edge Makes Us Dizzy...WE LOVE DIZZY!

Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

JR Wood

Hi Dennis,
What is long Mtn planters,I also was thinking of starting an ornamental tree farm and letting everything grow for 5 or 6 years then making a big score with a mass mailing to new developments for a big killing!!! I have a lot of Knowledge in plant propagation and I have hundreds of cuttings growing right now in a spare room in my house!I know this sounds like I am out of my mind but if Only one tenth of everything I do is slightly successful I will be retiring by the time I am 50.Right now I am going on 35.

------------------

rvagnoni

JR,

Looks like you got a good thing going. You go guy!

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus
If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all. -- Michelangelo

T

Two Guys Enterprise

JR
I've known lots of guys who had the spare room garden. Glad to meet someone who's found a "legal" use for a grow light system.
smile.gif

Good luck with all of your efforts.

Dave

------------------
Two Guys' Enterprise
"Superior Results at a Sensible Price"

EDROCK

JR best of luck withwhat ever you do.Back to the staining......i have bought that for myself..home use...thought about trying to see if i could use in my bussiness....to put it bluntly it s...ed. it did leave steaks,and over laps..thought maybe i was doing it wrong found out later that other people also had problems with it.....i personaly didnt like the results lot of people say it looks good but they don't see what i see..ED

------------------

Our Sponsors