stucco chimneys

CSL Enterprises

Dan, first off, you're the man... I've learned more on this board since its inception than I would have after two years on the job. I'm having trouble with getting assorted rust stains, mildew, etc. off the stucco chimneys when washing houses. Any words of advice for techniques and chemicals would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Chris

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Those type of rust stains are sometimes easier than most rust. Keyword (SOMETIMES)

You can try a couple of different products you can get at a local hardware store. Make sure that you do a test patch in a hidden area, to see how it will react on the surface.

I would first try CLR, that is what it says on the bottle. The letters stand for Calcium, Lime and Rust. That product is specifically advertised to remove rust from porcelin and stucco. I would say that it is the milder of the two.

The other product is Iron Out. This chemical is pretty strong and has a pretty strong vaper when your mixing it. So be carful.

Good luck and let us know how it went.
smile.gif

Make sure you test, you don't want to leave a discoloration spot on the chimney if it is to strong
frown.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708 715-4205

bird

try oxalic acid mixed however strong needed you can save money buying 50lb bags for $45.00 or less, good luck

Terry Buchamer

I ahd a similiar problem and used muratic acid mixed 50/50 on brused it .

Terry
Originally posted by CSL Enterprises:
Dan, first off, you're the man... I've learned more on this board since its inception than I would have after two years on the job. I'm having trouble with getting assorted rust stains, mildew, etc. off the stucco chimneys when washing houses. Any words of advice for techniques and chemicals would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Chris

Our Sponsors