Cleaning, staining, sealing concrete

Tim

I have been asked for bid on cleaning, staining, and sealing approx 4000+ sq ft of concrete (homeowner's driveway and sidewalk). I have given a bid on on cleaning already, but this will be first time to stain as well as seal. Since this is a job that I don't do too often, I plan to bid it as a cost of materials + labor. The concrete is 3 years old and in good condition (no crumbling, chalk, or rust, a few tire marks, as well as a few areas of hard water stains from sprinkler system on sidewalk). Basically I will clean w/ hot water, let dry, and then stain/seal. Customer wants color of stain as close to standard concrete color as possible.
I realize that market area affects price, etc but just would like to get any suggestions as to price, tips, tricks, pitfalls, etc.
Thanks in advance.
Tim

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

Jim Bilyeu

Tim,

Go to teamevercrete.com. This is a really good product for concrete and a real good company to do business with. talk with Grant or Brad, tell them that I sent you.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

Walt Graner

I've been asked to do jobs like that, but I really didn’t want to expand into any more areas, so I found a guy who specializes in staining concrete and subcontracted it to him. I prepped the area (stayed in my field) & he stained (stayed in his field) I marked his price up 20% and made some $, he made $ owner loved it and now I do all of the stain guys prep work.

Just a thought
smile.gif

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

Our Sponsors