101 ways to use a bleach bottle

spraymasters

It's me again (Gloria); just wondered what you all did with your empty bleach bottles. Dennis and I are getting buried in these things. Is there any way to recycle them?
Have thought of various uses like, cutting them down to use as bird feeders, bird houses, spittoons(they use a lot of those here in the North Georgia mountains!), any other ideas??

TCross

Just a suggestion, but why not by bleach in bulk? 15gal/55gal. Then mix it yourself and transport the mixture in the empty containers you have. It will save you $$ and you won't create the waste.

spraymasters

Thanks Tim; We would love to buy the bleach in larger quantities, but haven't been able to find a source. Where do you get the larger bottles? We wouldn't be able to handle anything larger than a 5 gallon bucket? Do they sell it in that size?
Gloria and Dennis

Dan S

what the heck are you using bleach for?
and why are you using so much?
heres my idea :>: throw them up in the air and use them for target pratice!!!! bet you cant hit one !!!! with a 22...... are you using bleach for decks?? if you are WOW there is much better stuff than that.and it does alot better than bleach....
better yet throw them up in the ,air count to ten ,hold your breath, and kiss them goodbye.. if you are using bleach for something else share it w/us let us know why you are using it .....if i was you i would leave the bleach @ home so Gloria can do the laundry.... thats the only thing i found bleach is good for ;;; except target pratice..

------------------
have a great day and GOD bless!!!!!

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

When you need a funnel real bad, cut the bottom out of one, works pretty good.

Craig

Shane Clardy

Hey Dennis And Gloria, You said you have Been through Westminster SC, that its not to far from You ? I have use a chemist that I get 12.5 % bleach from you can get 1 gallon, 5 gallons or a 55 gallon drum for $ 1.70 a gallon . Let me know if you're intrested

spraymasters

Thanks for the info Shane! yes, we definitely would be interested in getting some of the 12.5% bleach in the larger bottles. The 5 gallon size would work best for us. Could they ship it to us? let us know and thanks again!
Gloria and Dennis

L

LightningClean

Gloria and Dennis,
Check with local chemical companies as I'm sure you can get the same price or less on this 12.5% bleach and not have to worry about the cost of shipping.
I have to agree with Dan S. though on the use of bleach on decks but that is my opinion.

Rob

Express clean

I have always bought my bleach at the local pool supply.They carry it in 5 gal buckets and if you buy a quanity it is inexpensive. I have heard people say that it sometimes is not as stable in this form but in 14 yrs I have never had a problem.

Barry Laraway

I dont know if bleach will do the job, any suggestions on what else to use on a deck
that needs alot of help..

------------------
Barry,

Have a nice day...

Tony Ward

Dennis and Gloria are in "HOT"lanta so it goes without saying that they have PLENTY of mold and mildew to deal with on just about every surface imaginable. Bleach cannot be beat as far as being efficient and cost effective.

Those of you not from the south are saying don't use bleach on decks and you are right. But in my business decks are maybe 1/20th of what we do and as far as most other surfaces go, bleach is a must down here as the heat and humidity fester the fungus non-stop.

If you have a storage facility you should be able to get 12.5% delivered to you in 55 gallon drums. Being in Atlanta you shouldn't have to pay more than $1.20/ gal. I would shoot for $.95/gallon. It's very do-able if you are going to be using a considerable amount on a consistent basis. You can transfer it from the 55 gallon drum to any size drum or whatever you are going to carry it in with a small transfer pump.

There are probably at least 6 chemical companies you could call to make this arrangement with in Atlanta. Be careful - in the summer months it's easy to get terribly weak junk since bleach breaks down rapidly in heat and/or sunlight. Make sure you haven't gotten stuff more than a week or so old when it's warm out (85+ degrees) unless you know they have it stored in a cool warehouse.

Tony

Our Sponsors