part-time Pressure Washer??

Swatdude2

I am a full time Policeman in a growing suburb of Memphis, TN. I have been interested in doing pressure washing on the side for a good amount of time but I just haven't acted on it yet. I have been researching some issues such as equipment, insurance, chemicals, etc. Seems to be a whole lot of "experts" on these subjects. Luckily, I ran across this board so people with REAL experience can give me legitimate advice. I know lots of commercial business owners, homeowners, builders, etc. and I feel like I could start this side job and be successful immediately. I don't pretend to know the "ins & outs" of the trade and that is why I am here. If possible, could you provide input on the following topics: Business license/insurance, quality equipment (psi, gpm, engine types, cleaners), different types of services offered (siding, brick/concrete, deck/fence). In general, the pros & cons along with the difficulties encountered with those services. Thanks in advance, Mike Moore.

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

**Doing Business As-DBA is needed and usually aquired at county clerks office.
**Insurance is highly advised. Get commercial auto insurance as well as Liability insurance to cover any accidents that might occur.
**I prefer Hydro Tek Machines with at least 3200 psi, hot water to 250 degrees, and 5 gallons per minute. Any quality machine with at least these specs will do majority of needed tasks.
**Deck cleaning, home mold and mildew, concrete driveway, walkways, and curbs. Fences. Swimming pool decks. etc. Most residential services are easily learned and mastered. Decks are more difficult for me, but have a couple of quality mentors that are helping me out from across the country.

Commercial possibilities are endless. Flatwork is the easiest, and highly profitable. That would be my recommendation for starting out.

Email me if you need further help or have some questions.

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
powerwashunlimited.com

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Swatdude2 can you please post power washing questions in the power washing area. Just want to keep things in order. This is for Window Cleaning. Thanks. Great post Craig.

Dan Flynn

[This message has been edited by Dan Flynn (edited February 13, 2000).]

Washaroo

Nice to see that I am not the only Police Officer getting into this Business.....
Mountie , CANADA

------------------
Blake Keirstead
Washaroo Clean Services

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Blake,

Ride that baby eight hours a day
frown.gif

Sounds rough.

------------------
Dan Flynn