Remove sealer off vinyl siding

knoefel

I had a guy call yesterday to pressure wash his deck and when he sealed it two years ago he got cwf sealer on his siding. Does anyone know how to get this off?

spraymasters

HI, have not had to do that before but thinking about it you might want to try a stripper and cut it pretty good and test test test. Increase the strength until it gets it off. I would put it on then wash it off pretty quick using hot water at about 150 degrees. Sorry could not help any more.
Dennis

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

JR Wood

M1 house wash let sit 2 minutes wash off.Should come right off...if not wolman deck strip cut 3:1 let sit 2 monutes and it will definetly come right off.If you have hot water you might be able to wash it off with nothing,because CWF sits on the surface.On second thought just use wolman deckstrp cut 2:1 or 3:1 at the same time you strip the deck.

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by JR Wood on March 30, 2000 ]</font>

Paul

JR is right about the deckstrip. We had to clean up after some other yaahoos on a job that they started and never finished and the homeowner ask if we could get some of it off the vinyl siding for them. Well since we were stripping the deck, we sprayed some stripper on the siding let set for a couple of minutes and then power washed it off. There was still a little left so we reapplied and scrubed with a brush and now you would never know it was ever there. This was an Olympic stain that had been sprayed all over the place.

Good Luck

knoefel

Thanks for all the help. I tried all the deckstrips and nothing would move it. After that the homeowner was trying anything on it. I guess he will have to deal with it, again thanks alot guys!!!

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

knoefel,

try mineral spirits(paint thinner). That is what i use when i get a little overspray on something.

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Jim Bilyeu

Knoefel,
Use Strip-X. One coat of CWF is not that hard to take off, unless it was applied in direct sunlight. Apply Strip-X, let it set for 15/20 minutes, you may have to scrub it a little, but it will come off. If you don't want to mess with it, send this to your customer. It will work.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

Our Sponsors