Using Clorox Outdoor

Mike Hughes

I remember someone talking about Clorox outdoor a month ago or so. It comes in a gallon and a half container, and I bought some at Home Depot. What I'm not sure about is how much of it to use in a 5 gallon mix. It appears to be a concentrated product, packaging says it makes 30 gallons. Just wondering if anyone out there is using it, and if so, how much per 5 gallons. I believe this is stronger then the "Ultra Clorox".

Mike

spraymasters

Hey Mike, it is not that much stronger. If you look at the percentages on the Outdoors and the Ultra. Using a 5 gallon mix the way we do I would use one of the bottles of the Outdoors vs two bottles of the Ultra.
Den

JR Wood

2 gallons generac chlorine bleach,one cup sodium hydroxide(I use wolman deck strip) smart shopping and contractor discounts bring this to $2.50 instead of $5 and change.

L

Lenny Schrecengost

I have used the Clorox Outdoor and like it. I just mix about 1/2 of the large jugs with 5 gallons of water and use my x-jet. it get the mildew off real good. I got mine at Home Depot and Lowes with the prices about the same

lopek77

I called Clorox some time ago . Looks like outdoor may be same strength than regular but with gel like consistency . They are saying that outdoor is between 4 and 6 % . I have used it for some time and I was very happy with it. Price wise - not a great deal.

I remember someone talking about Clorox outdoor a month ago or so. It comes in a gallon and a half container, and I bought some at Home Depot. What I'm not sure about is how much of it to use in a 5 gallon mix. It appears to be a concentrated product, packaging says it makes 30 gallons. Just wondering if anyone out there is using it, and if so, how much per 5 gallons. I believe this is stronger then the "Ultra Clorox".

Mike

lopek77

the outdoor results is 8.5% sodium hypochlorite, the regular clorox is 6% along with most other bleaches.

Not truth. Call clorox and you will be shocked ! :)
Actually % varies in every bottle and goes down with the time , so ... sometimes clorox outdoor may be less % than regular one .......crazy but true and confirmed by clorox rep.

Freakypapa

i use pool shock...12% four gallons cost me about 10 bucks or so. i like it...can't youall get it there? why clorox?

mobilewashpro

Not truth. Call clorox and you will be shocked ! :)
Actually % varies in every bottle and goes down with the time , so ... sometimes clorox outdoor may be less % than regular one .......crazy but true and confirmed by clorox rep.

Thats where i got the 8.5% from was clorox. I had a couple of really nasty R.V.'s one day that were almost totally black and green. I didn't have the time to get 12.5% so I went to home depot and saw the two different options from clorox. the regular was 6% as per the bottle and the outdoors had nothing on it. I called the number on the bottle and asked, the lady said its 8 or 8.5% i cannot remember for sure but was definatly 8 that she said. I am unsure if there are different mixes for their outdoor results bacause she had me read the barcode to her. However if SH is not in direct sunlight the shelf life is greatly increased, with that being said, it its been on a shelf for 6 months it really doesn't matter if its been in sunlight at all its still less than 8% and the same goes for any other bleach we use. That brings up a new question here. How often are stores stocking their shelves with bleach and are they selling us 3% after its said and done with

jetstream1

Good point...I go to my pool store in town who sells it fast.So there's is right @ 12.5
all the time you can tell by how warm it is on your skin.But yes the longer it sits the weaker it gets

clearview

If I'm not mistaken, outdoor bleach has hydroxide in it as well. I have heard of this stuff etching glass if left to dry on windows. Doesn't work nearly as well as 12.5% sodium hypochlorite. I believe it tends to chalk up the shutters on vinyl siding houses.

Our Sponsors