Buying a hot water PW-Help

John Thomas

I need some info/advise on buying a hot water P/W I am looking a a Landa MVP 2500 psi,9 hp honda,manual start $5000.00 same machine but 3000psi 11 hp honda $6000.00

2nd machine I am looking at is a Landa MHP priced at $5800.00 2500psi 9hp honda manual start,same machine but 3000 psi 11 hp honda amnual start $6000.00
My question is, is there much difference in the psi of the machines for working from 2500 to 3000psi.I know there is 500 psi but for the actual working of the machine or would the 3000 psi be my better bet.However the $5000.00 machine is more affordable because we have to add on taxes.But I need some input I do a variety of work and right now I have a 2200 psi cold.

Thank you Have a good day

D

David l Saulque

Before we can help you we need to know what you plan to use the Landa for-what service you plan to offer. For example I own 3- 2000 psi Landas 4 gal. hot water units-van mounted. I service food service hoods only. For this work the 2000 psi is great, the chemicals and the hot water are what churns the job. Need to know more info.

Good Luck

------------------

D

David l Saulque

Originally posted by David l Saulque:
Before we can help you we need to know what you plan to use the Landa for-what service you plan to offer. For example I own 3- 2000 psi Landas(11hp Hondas) 4 gal. hot water units-van mounted. I service food service hoods only. For this work the 2000 psi is great, the chemicals and the hot water are what churns the job. Need to know more info.

Good Luck

Scott Stone

Neither one of these machines is designed for a contract cleaner. They are designed for someone that washes no more 10-15 hours a week. A better bet is to do a search and find someof the companies on the web that offer more compatible machines for A LOT less money. The EZ series pumps are decent pumps as long as you don't exceed there design capacity. Been there, Done that.

------------------
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? are the afraid someone will clean them?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

H

hotwaterwisard

If you want to compare two units the easy way just multiply psi x gpm = cleaning units it is not accurate 100% but it works. When hot water is involved everything changes. Also did you know you can buy a hot box or add on heater for your existing cold water unit? Look at other brands too.Some of them will work just as good for a lower price. You will spend more money for a belt drive unit but, it is worth it in the long run. Also a 120v burner will out last a 12v unit and the cost of parts is less. Did you know that you can get parts for a 120v burner from an appliance parts distributor much cheeper than a pressure washer dealer?

H

hotwaterwisard

If you want a machine to do some serious work stop thinking small. Get a machine with at least a 16hp engine. If you need less pressure just put a bigger tip on it or get a dual lance wand to adjust the pressure. Landa makes a good machine but so do the other guys if you need a list of manufactures go to cleaner times web site.

H

hotwaterwisard

If you want a machine to do some serious work stop thinking small. Get a machine with at least a 16hp engine. If you need less pressure just put a bigger tip on it or get a dual lance wand to adjust the pressure. Landa makes a good machine but so do the other guys if you need a list of manufactures go to cleaner times web site.

Clean County

I just bought the landa pghw 3000 16 hp vanguard engine 5 gpm and I paid aprox $6000 which includes tax. I looked into many different machines and the Landa seemed to be the best machine out there. Landa uses the best parts for there machines and this one is also belt driven which to me is a must if you are going to use your machine alot. Landa also has an excellent warranty. To top it all off it is also a beautiful looking machine. All in all I think it is the best machine for the money. Good luck-John-

D

David l Saulque

Going back and looking at Landas sales info. regarding the MHP unit as other people have stated they are direct drive and designed to ne rolled around or if space is limited. My units are all belt drive and I feel they will hold up much longer under full time service. My belt driven- 2000 psi units are 10 years old and still going strong with good maint. For what I service these units are fine-my next plan is to get a 3000 psi unit-soon-and Landa is tops on my list-but not the MHP.

------------------

Our Sponsors