What kind of pressure washing units are you folks using?

• Thread starter AranPressureWashing
  • Start date
A

AranPressureWashing

Hot? Cold? PSI? GPM? Brand? Any of you use a concrete scrubber? What market are you targetting? Houses? Fleet? Residential or commercial? new home?
What area of pressure washing is the least saturated?

Scott Stone

I have 2 5 at 3000 psi rk21's and a Landa spinner. I target fleets, but will do concrete if I can make enough money on it. That is why I bought the concrete cleaner. As for saturation, I would think it would depend on your area.

------------------
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? are the afraid someone will clean them?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

H

hotwaterwisard

Most of my customers use hot water and a Hydrotwister by Hydro Tek. They work great. They also use a Giant turbo nozzle.The average specs are 3000psi 5.5gpm 195 deg F Take a look at www.hydroteksystems.com

Rob Blair

We are running one hot one cold. Cold, 4gpm 3000psi Hot, Landa 4.8gpm 3000psi, with a steam option up to 275 degrees. Targeting heavy equipment and fleets. We on occasion do some concrete and milking parlers if it is a little slow. The saturated market in our area is residential

Jon

This is in reply to "Hotwater Wisard" on the Hydro Tek company.

I live about 6 miles from them, was almost ready to buy they equipment till I realized they are really competitors of all of us.

Why do I say that, easy to explain, we are in this business to clean other peoples, read companies trucks, docks, buildings etc.

Well if you buy from Hydro Tek you are only losing business, see they are the most active pressure washing building company that will sell both to the pressure washer and then turn around and sell to the same customer we are cleaning for.

One of their sales pitches is why pay us when they can own their own equipment and save money.

Would any of you knowingly support a company that wants to take your customer and convert them to their customer.

No they do not do pressure washing, they manufacture and in some cases buy from others and put their name on it, but that is how a lot of businesses are.

I just have a hard time with that way of doing business. I have had a couple prospects tell me they came in shortly after I left trying to sale them. Sounds like I was bing followed around!!

Jon

PS: I am in now way saying their product is not good. I am only explaining that they are to me a competitor.
This last sentence keeps them from sueing me since they read all boards, they have a board but it is not very active.

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

H

hotwaterwisard

Jon I heard that they were selling to Rental yards direct, also I lost a couple of sales to them to my customers. I am a Distributor for them. They took my customers too. But the bottom line is their ProLine SC series is still the best value for the money. 16hp Vanguard General TS2021 pump Generator and Belt drive.

Jon

Hot Waterwisard,

Check out All American, they are considered equal but comes with a 18 hp Kohler.

That is the skid I bought, top of line, both tanks 18 1/2 gallons also.

Still if we were to get into details about things take the ***** RK 21, about a 3rd of the cost and the end results are the same.

There are times I say to myself why did I pay for a top system when so many others use much lower cost systems and get years of use out of them. Looking back it is not always the brand name but how well we maintain our equipment. Preventive maintence goes a long ways toward years of trouble free proformance.

Not counting unloaders and pumps that go bad, which is one of the hazards of our trade.

Jon

------------------

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

Dave Olson

We have two primary units. 9 gpm. 3000 psi, hot/cold(Wheatley) and a 8 gpm, 1500 psi, hot/cold(Hotsy). We also have several cold machines @ 1000 psi @ 2 gpm and one @ 10,000 psi @ 10 gpm.

Our revenue comes roughly 1/3 third each from, vehicle fleets, kitchen exhaust systems, and industrial/commercial.

Be better than your competition. (Note I did not say Cheaper!) If you are, I believe you will not need to be as concerned about saturation!

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Jon

Hotwaterwisard,

Sent you Email but it came back. I used the Email address you listed in your profile.

Did you change it? would you kindly Email me your current one.

Goint to check out site you mentioned.

thanks,

Jon

------------------

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Jon on April 30, 2000 ]</font>

A

AranPressureWashing

:B:Hey guys! Thanks!:B:
I'm trying to find the least serviced job in this industry and get real good at it!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Any suggestions?
hapfac01.gif

M

Mike@Everclear

I have a 16ft tandem axle open trailer with two RK-24 hot water washers (3000psi@5.5GPM) and a 325 gallon tank. I have a 19" surface cleaner, but don't have much occasion to use it because I focus almost 100% on residential work (house washing and deck cleaning and sealing).

Everyone's market is different......what is saturated in my area probably isn't in yours.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Clean County

I have a 7x12 enlosed trailer which carries 2 3000psi cwpw belt driven, 100g water tank a titan sprayer, metal shelves that carry canvases,wands,etc. 2 concrete cleaners and 2 hose reels. Numerous ladders and scaffoling on top of my trailer. I pull all this with a 1997 dodge dually deisal pick up which carries a Landa pghw 5g@3000psi and a 465 gallon water tank. When my tanks are full I,m carrying and pulling 20000 lbs with this set up. I also have one 4000psi pw in my garage in case the others break down which is rare. I should sell this machine but it was my first one (direct drive) which makes it harder to part with. I do mainly residential but I am targeting commercial accounts also.

andjay13

FarleysExplorer II 1000 PSI Hot/Cold washer

Farleys Explorer II is the washer I use and I clean Side walks by pretreating the sidewalk with a cleaner then hot pressure washing.
I welcome any suggestions on any technique that improves the results I am
presently obtaining

Freakypapa

i'm using the alkota 3500 8gpm. i like it, and use hot for most except fleets. I have a scirroco twister and a hydrotek purple box. The scirroco is bad ass, but the hydrotek is crap. It just doesn't handle the heavy reclaim i do. I like washing, but building a business is stressful, that's for sure. good luck to all of you.

Torque454

I CURRENTLY use a machine i put together myself. I have a 13hp honda, recoil start, AR 4000/4GPM pump, rapid reel (P.O.S) hose reel, 150ft 3/8" 5800psi hose, whitco stinger 110v hotbox w/ schedule 80 coil (used to be a 220v steam cleaner but i bought it with no pump or motor so it was just a hotbox, then converted it to 110v). My tank is 330 gallon and i am working off a 16 foot utility trailer. I run a 6000w generator powered by an 11hp honda (I got a good deal on it even tho its way too big for just the burner. I also carry lights, tools, air compressor, air hose, and other stuff. ) My unit is direct drive but i would like to step up (volume wise, down pressure wise) to a 3000psi, 7-8gpm belt drive AR unit with a 12 volt burner. Would love to have a diesel engine and carry one fuel tank. The truck i pull with is a 96 3/4 ton suburban with a 6.5 diesel. Having everything diesel would be nice. Stop and fill everything up all at once. :) I think my target area is fleet washing. I haven't officially started yet but i am working on it!

Last edited:

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
FreakyPapa/ Richard

It sounds like maybe the distributor you purchased
your equipment from sold you an 8 GPM pressure washer,
and a vacuum filtration unit rated at 4.6 GPM.

That could be a challenge.

Feel free to call me I can possibly offer some suggestions to
help you get better results.

MWTW

We use Hotsy. We both hot and cold units on our 18ft IH, we run 3200 psi and 4.5 gpm, we also carry 1035 gallons with us and have the capabilty to re-fill while on the job site.

Hotsy has been great to us and their service is second to none always getting us fixed and out the door right away.

Barry M

What kind of pressure washing unit?

We primarily use an 8gpm belt driven pressure pro with a hot box. We started with a BE belt driven 4gpm, that was a little work horse and still runs good, but now it's just our back up.

Also use a 19" whirl-a-way that has seen a lot of concrete and is still going strong. Only had to change the o-ring once and nozzles a few times.

Our Sponsors