using a cold water washer

RRowe11404

I am currently using a strong Kohler cold water pressure washer. It seems to work pretty well or am I just fooling myself because I have never had an opportunity to wash with a hot unit? I have priced some. But they are just out of my price range right now. I have seen a hot water heater assembly for cold water washers in a ********** "s catalog for $1195 but not sure how good that would work. I guess I will try and save some $$$$$ and find out.

ameri-clean

We mainly wash fleet trucks and use cold water exclusively. We do not do any degreasing because of local regs so cold water works fine. We use a 2-step machine and don't know how we got along without it!! The only time we have really needed hot water was when the temperature was below 35. Then our chemicals were slow to react. We just took the day off!

M

Mike@Everclear

I have two hot water washers, and almost never fire the burners. I do mostly house washing and deck cleaning and sealing. Hot water is not a huge advantage there, but some would argue that it is. Bottom line is, you can get away without the hot water, unless you want to get involved in commercial or industrial work.

You should focus on getting a machine with a higher GPM. My machines are 3000psi at 5.5 GPM's. The difference between my previous machine (4GPM) and these is amazing. I wonder how I ever did without them.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

H

hotwaterwisard

If You purchase a water heater make sure it is american design. The euro design has thin wall coils and the parts are hard to find. Make sure the coils are sced 80 they are thick walled.Make sure it has a Wayne or Beckett Burner on it. Also make sure it has enough BTU's for the amount of water you are trying to heat. You want a tempurature rise of about 150 deg F since your inlet water is between 50 and 70. that will raise the temp to between 200 and 220 deg.

Our Sponsors