Concrete Scrubber

kdfoust

Hi:

I'm thinking about a concrete sweeper/scrubber (like a Tenant maybe) for doing outdoor stuff like sidewalks, patios, and entryways. The reason I'm looking at a sweeper/scrubber combo is that one local city is pressuring the urban run-off issue so hard that they are "talking to" store owners who hose off the sidewalk in front of the store in the morning instead of sweeping. So naturally, as an entreprenuer I see an opportunity.

Do any of you operate sweepers/scrubbers on outdoor concrete like sidewalks? I'm looking for suggestions on brands and any experiences you all have had with the equipment.

Thanks and have fun,
Kevin

Ethan

Originally posted by kdfoust:
Hi:

I'm thinking about a concrete sweeper/scrubber (like a Tenant maybe) for doing outdoor stuff like sidewalks, patios, and entryways. The reason I'm looking at a sweeper/scrubber combo is that one local city is pressuring the urban run-off issue so hard that they are "talking to" store owners who hose off the sidewalk in front of the store in the morning instead of sweeping. So naturally, as an entreprenuer I see an opportunity.

Do any of you operate sweepers/scrubbers on outdoor concrete like sidewalks? I'm looking for suggestions on brands and any experiences you all have had with the equipment.

Thanks and have fun,
Kevin

Whirl-a Way w/ casters. Great swivel low cost. Best out there for the $$$$$

------------------

Scott Stone

Hey Kevin,
How about the steel Eagle with the recapture system. I think it is the fury series. You still pressure wash the area, but you recapture all of the water, Thus no run off. I think that the recovery system is about $13,000. I could be wrong of course, and will probably be corrected.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and buy e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;D
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

H

hotwaterwisard

I agree on the Steel Eagle concept. I won't argue on the price. This unit resembels a van mounted carpet machine and you will need a big tank to put the reclaimed water into unless you clean it up and dispose of the water with some kind of filtration and oil skimming equipment.

kdfoust

I have a conventional concrete cleaner (mossamatic). I've looked at the Fury 2400 and can see some good applications for it, however, you are still tethered to your truck or trailer.

I'm thinking in terms of a sweeper/scrubber (Tenant is a major maker of these) because you're not tethered to anything. You just ride or push along till the batteries go dead. If you've got 2 miles of sidewalks to do with parking meters and other obstacles going completely mobile with a sweeper/scrubber seems most efficient.

Do any of you guys own/rent/lease/steal a Tenant or similiar machine?

Thanks and have fun,
Kevin

H

hotwaterwisard

I saw a couple of sweepers at an auction one time. You might ask General Pump about one of their sister conpanies about the scrubbers they make. I,ll look into it if you want me to.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

Our Sponsors