Anyone Familiar With The Landa PGHW5-30221E? Pros & Cons Please!

• Thread starter AranPressureWashing
  • Start date
A

AranPressureWashing

hapfac01.gif
What is your opinion on it?
hapfac01.gif

Maybe I should have asked last friday! just got it last friday for a good chunk of bucks.
Any Advise?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Scott Stone

good machine, but real expensive. It does have a good warranty though.

------------------
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? are the afraid someone will clean them?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

H

hotwaterwisard

I hav seen a few of these in my shop. I can tell you this much about them; They are easy to work on. They have common parts used throughout the industry.But they also have a few flaws in them. The adjustment bracket on the generator and pump have nutplates that don't hold up. Vibration does them in . It takes a while about a year or so. When they break, just get someone to weld nuts on wherever those brackets are found. I would get a spare generator belt ASAP because when it breaks you will have a real hard time finding a replacement. When those brackets loosen at all the generaror belt in the first thing to go.
smileysex5.gif
smileysex5.gif
smileysex5.gif
smileysex5.gif
smileysex5.gif
smileysex5.gif

H

hotwaterwisard

Went to Landas web site. Could not find out which pump they use on that model. Can you tell me? I think it's a General, but they probobly use a Landa in house part#

Rob Blair

Hey, we have one of those critters. Have had it 6 months, came with a couple of contracts we bought from a washer going out of business. It has a little over 1000 hours on it. It runs strong and reliable. As far as we can tell it hasn't had any work done on it. We replaced the transformer and burner gun assembly shortly after we got it. I really like this machine. We really depend on the steam option for the heavy equipment washing we do, 275 degrees of heat is impressive at 3000psi. Yes, it is an expensive machine, $7900.00 new. If I didn't need that much heat I would certainly buy something less expensive. Another plus for us with that much heat is we use less chemicals on heavy equipment. We like that and so does our customers.

Jon, it has a General TS2021 for a pump, and you can bet I will be checking those brackets today! Thanks for the info.......Rob

H

hotwaterwisard

Did you know that General rerated the TS2021 to 3500psi? This is my favorite pump. It is so easy to rebuild. A true world class work horse!
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

A

AranPressureWashing

Originally posted by hotwaterwisard:
Went to Landas web site. Could not find out which pump they use on that model. Can you tell me? I think it's a General, but they probobly use a Landa in house part#

Yes sir it is a general T-9281 (Part#5-2320)

Is there any way to do preventitive repairs on those nut plates? Can the problem be fixed before it becomes a problem?

Thanks for your time!
Randy

Clean County

It's a rock solid machine. I had mine for about 3 weeks now and it works beautifully. It even sounds great. I paid $5400 + tax(8.25%). And it has been the best investment for my business without a doubt. Watch your machine kick butt and your wallet get fatter along the way.-John-

H

hotwaterwisard

I don't recognize that pump#T9281 must be a new model. Yes you can fix those nut plates. But it is alot of work. you have to weld them without messing up the bolts or the generator or the pump. So the safest way to do this is to take the machine appart. If you don't know what you are doing you will get yourself in a jam real quick. Then we will be having a real long on line chat on the board. Don't try this at home kids!
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif

H

hotwaterwisard

Well that is Quite a pump. Went to Generals web site and the specs look good.T9281N, 4gpm, 4000psi, 1750rpm, 16mm stroke, 16mm bore, 24mm shaft size, T47S frame. Looks like a new model. The packings are small for that size pump. Ill bet it kicks ****.
smileysex5.gif

Rob Blair

Wow!!! $5400 are you sure we are talking about the same machine? PGHW5-30221E Talked to a Landa rep about a month ago, $7900

K

Ken

We just bought the Landa PGHW5-30221E ourselves.Picked it up 3 days ago. I'm from B.C. so costs are alot higher here. Suggested retail price was 10600.00 for here. But we did alot of shopping around and got ours for 7900.00, with the taxes 9006.00.(Think the guy goofed up on the price of ours)his mistake saved us 3000.00. thru this bb site have noticed alot of guys saying they got theirs for 6000.00 including taxes.
Just thought you might be interested.

Kathy(Kens wife)

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Ken on May 02, 2000 ]</font>

A

AranPressureWashing

Originally posted by Ken:
We just bought the Landa PGHW5-30221E ourselves.Picked it up 3 days ago. I'm from B.C. so costs are alot higher here. Suggested retail price was 10600.00 for here. But we did alot of shopping around and got ours for 7900.00, with the taxes 9006.00.(Think the guy goofed up on the price of ours)his mistake saved us 3000.00. thru this bb site have noticed alot of guys saying they got theirs for 6000.00 including taxes.
Just thought you might be interested.

Kathy(Kens wife)

&lt;FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by Ken on May 02, 2000 ]&lt;/font&gt;

This one hit me at about $6400.00 USD
It's a honey! It sure gets with the program and does what it is supposed to!

A

AranPressureWashing

Well that is Quite a pump. Went to Generals web site and the specs look good.T9281N, 4gpm, 4000psi, 1750rpm, 16mm stroke, 16mm bore, 24mm shaft size, T47S frame. Looks like a new model. The packings are small for that size pump. Ill bet it kicks ****.
smileysex5.gif

the plate on this unit says it pumps 4.8 GPM! That rinses off the chemical in a hurry!
This is awsome!
Someone said that Landa is who makes Hotsy?
How does this compare to a Hotsy?

Rob Blair

That is a great deal of difference in price! Can you guys who have bought this machine e-mail me and let me know where you got it. We are not far off from getting another.

rmb@tds.net

Thanks, Rob

Scott Stone

Landa, Hotsy, Tuff and a whole bunch are owned b the Harbour group. They all operate independently of each other though. As for comparing the Lande to the Hotsy,They are both different animals. One is most horizontal burners, the other vertical, One uses general, and AR pumps the other Hak pumps ( it is proprietary) They are both decent machines, in my opinion.
wink.gif

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and buy e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;D
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by AranPressureWashing:
the plate on this unit says it pumps 4.8 GPM! That rinses off the chemical in a hurry!
This is awsome!
Two different companies same mother company.Landa is the bigger of the two.Get this Bay Area Hotsy is now an Alkota distributor. What's up with that one? SOMEONE CHEETED ON THOSE SPECS I don,t see how the pump manufacture could be wrong. Check it out yourself.
confused.gif

Clean County

I'm looking at my sales receipt for my Landa PGHW5-30221 powerwasher and I paid $5495 + $250 for additional parts and labor(this includes the valve set up where I can switch from tank water to garden hose water).My total price came to $6219. I didn't have to pay shipping because the dealer is only a couple of miles from my house. If anybody wants the name of the place I bought this machine e-mail me for the info. The place is in N.Y. so if it has to be ship to you expect to add shipping to your cost. -John-

A

AranPressureWashing

This is awsome!
Two different companies same mother company.Landa is the bigger of the two.Get this Bay Area Hotsy is now an Alkota distributor. What's up with that one? SOMEONE CHEETED ON THOSE SPECS I don,t see how the pump manufacture could be wrong. Check it out yourself.
confused.gif

I was quoting the specs from the operators manual - however, the 4.8 gal. is on the units I.D. Plate.
You got me curious now!

H

hotwaterwisard

I was quoting the specs from the operators manual - however, the 4.8 gal. is on the units I.D. Plate.
You got me curious now!
Sometimes the Pressure Washer Manufacture cheats on the specs to make their machine look better than their competitors machine. But,sometimes they also run a pump faster than the pump manufacture recommends to get a little more out of the pump than recommended. I know three ways to find out. It gets real technical so I'll make it simple. #1 reverse engineer the pulley configuration and find out the actual rpm of the pump. Then use a formula to find out the GPM #2 Use a mathimatical formula to figure out the gpm from the size of the nozzle and the psi it is actually putting out. #3 Put a GPM guage on it. And read what it sayes. THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif
thinkerg.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by hotwaterwisard on May 09, 2000 ]</font>

Our Sponsors