Need the scoop on Readyseal?

Coastal

Is Readyseal really the best?

What about cleaners and brightners?

No offense, but Readyseal's website is kinda shabby and does not look as professional as Flood's. Maybe beauty is only skin deep?

Anyway, I have never tried Readyseal. My paint supplier is pushing CWF-UV down my throat and I know it is bashed quite offen in here.

Decisions, decisions, decisions... Any help would be appreciated!

Mike Hughes

Brett,

Ready Products is a very small company compared to Flood.

Ready Seal runs circles around CWF. I wouldnt put CWF on a customer deck if the flood company paid me $5 per gallon to do it instead of charging me for the product.

I have been using RS since late 1998, and I am very pleased with it, as are my customers. I also like their #80 brightner very much........I haven't found anything I like better.

Call Peirce at 410-381-8400 and get some samples, try it for yourself.

johny

In my opinion most full time painters are the dumbest group of people i have ever met.They dont have any knowledge about staining,restoring wood,they paint,thats all they do good,so dont talk to painters when its about staining.
Tell them to take CWF and ...................

Ready seal could have better website but they dont have the money to burn like floods does.They dont sell this stain at wal mart where every Billy Blow can buy it.Just like because they dont have a tv comercial like thompsons,dont mean its a bad product.Dont judge the product by their site .Paint stores have to push it in order to sell it.Try it and decide for yourself

Ready Seal guys,please print a nice,color booklet,so i can leave it with my costumers,so they know what they are getting.I would sell it a lot better,now it takes me 15 min just to explain the benefins of RS against thomsons and other crap.It really would help against comp where they reffered other products and didnt leave anything
GooG luck
Johny

A

aswashboy

Brett

Your paint store guy is selling you what he thinks is best in his store. You are an income to him. Cwf-uv is exteremly hard to work with. If the temperature is not exact, second coat is not applied timley, and not enough or just a little extra is applied IT WILL FAIL.
I think most of the large volume contractors on this web site might agree that cwf-uv is a very propular product that gets stripped off alot of the time, because it has failed. If you have a lot of time and can meet all of the products requirements it might not be so bad.

Ready Seal
Just look at this web site, WE are not sales people of products. We are contractors that make a living at deck restoration and staining. We have all been through stains that do not work or last, use our experience to your benefit.

READY SEAL has made our business a great success, and saved us looking like idots to our customers. I just hope Ready Seal stays Ready Seal. Please do not let the large corpoate companies buy you out.

Good job Ready Seal !!!!!

good luck in your decision.

Coastal

I will contact Readyseal on Monday and try to get some samples. Hopefully they will still give me some even though I called there site shabby.

I didn't mean to offend you guys or RS but I beleive that a better looking site would also make it easier on us.

"Ready Seal guys,please print a nice,color booklet,so i can leave it with my costumers,so they know what they are getting." -Johny

It is hard to keep a full stock of brochures with you at all times. And even if you do, if the manuacturer has a website listed customers will tend to visit.

I even encourage my customers to take a look at a manufacturer's website. My sales pitch gets reenforced and is much easier when they themselves can read about a product.
Not to mention the fact they can show buddies at work or other family members at anytime which can possible promote future business.

In addition, the net is a becoming a past-time and a enjoyable experience for many. I cannot remember the last time I was really in a bad mood because I was surfing the net. I simple beleive in the psychological effects of advertising.

As for RS, I will try it out and most likely find it to be the best out there. And again, I appoligize if I rubbed any of you the wrong way. I am just a stickler when it comes to the presentation of any product or service.

Johny, you don't have to have alot of $ for a good website. There are many companies/individuals that will create an appealing and professional looking site for under $1500. You just need to find the ones with artistic ablilities.

M

MARK W.

I just started using RS and found it to be everything that people said it would be. The first time I used it, I called the guy I got it from and told him how nice it looked and how easy it went on.You have to find a stain that you like and stay with it. The only thing I see that RS does not have is a big color choice.

Bill B

Coastal, I also have not used RS. However, I have committed to using the product - have two bids out based on using the product. Agree with you that a little better marketing support would be great, but perhaps that will come with time. Samples are headed my way. Plan on demonstrating "on the spot" to customers, plus make up some samples.

By the way, today I stripped and cleaned a Flood stain - it was crap!

Mike Hughes

Originally posted by MARK W.
I see that RS does not have is a big color choice.

I like it that way. I dont offer my customers huge amounts of colors, I limit it to Natural Cedar and Light Brown. I very rarely have to deviate from that.

Johnny,

Ready Seal does have a nice color brochure, I give them to customers all the time. Call Peirce and get some. 410-381-8400

the_GUNN_man

Thanks Mike for the number to Ready Seal. Called Pierce and talked with him for awhile and he was very helpful and is sending me some free samples to try out. I found out a lot form him and he is a great guy. I found out I was doing things all wrong. Thanks again for the number. I will let you all know how it all turns out for me.

johnny

On Readyseal?

Does the Ready Seal today that you fellows love so much still smell like cat urine when you apply it. Had a fellow put it on my deck a few years back and boy, did it smell! Had to have some other stuff put on a few months later. It just didn't hold it's color.
You fellows seem to be talking about some new formula of RS, I guess.

Johnny

Coastal

Ditto Mike,

I also spoke to Peirce earlier today. He was a very thorough, and professional guy. He is not only knowledgeable of his product, but the industry as well.

I look forward to doing business with him. Thanks again Mike.

Mike Hughes

Re: On Readyseal?

Originally posted by johnny
Does the Ready Seal today that you fellows love so much still smell like cat urine when you apply it. Had a fellow put it on my deck a few years back and boy, did it smell! Had to have some other stuff put on a few months later. It just didn't hold it's color.
You fellows seem to be talking about some new formula of RS, I guess.

Johnny

Johnny,

No, it doesnt smell 10% as bad as it used to.

And, if you had to apply something else that soon, that tells me something was done wrong...........too much moisture in wood when applied, or more likely not enough sealer was applied.

Sunny1

color samples for you customers

Hi Everyone,
Nice to see the disscusion going on here. As a Ready Seal distributor, I answer many of the questions, daily, being disscused here. One point I'd like to address is the color sample issue. We at Sun Brite have been making our own samples for years now that work very well to show off the product. We get some 1"x2"s and cut them down. Score two saw marks on the face, then dip each end in one color. That gives us about a 6" piece, divided into three parts. One end is uasually dipped in dark red, the other in Natural Cedar, the center is left undone for contrast. We leave these with the customer at the time of the quote. We even get some back when we come to wash. The expense is minamal and we more than pay for them when they help us get a job. Please remember, Ready Seal can look different on different wood. "Wood is like people, every one/piece is different." Therefore having one color book would still have your customers telling you the deck doesn't look like the sample. Having a piece of wood in front of them is the BEST way to have them see (the closest) what Ready Seal will look like on thier wood. It can be shaded slightly different depending on age of thier wood and age of you sample,but you'll be relativaly close.
As for color selection, let me just say these few things. We offer two choice to our customers for no other reason than to help them make up thier minds easy. The more choices they get, the longer they take to tell you what they want. As for the colors we use on our samples, the dark Red and Natural Cedar seem to be our more popular choices, but if the customer expresses a need for a different shade/color, we can then move to that. Ready Seals color choices are: Gold; Natural Cedar; Light Brown; Med. Brown; Dark Brown: Medium Red; and Dark Red. By all means, use the colors you want for your samples. I just wanted you to know what we do, and what is available. Ready Seal also comes in a "REDWOOD ONLY" formula, also in these colors.
Ready Seal and Sun Brite try very hard to offer product support to the contractor using the product. We are always here to help.:)

Seymore

I have seen some samples of Ready Seal and compared it with our Baker's Gray Away we use here in Houston.I have found the color tones don't compare to the natual appearance of the Gray Away.I haven't seen any product that can compare to the Gray away !

Attachments

• goldsteps.jpg
    goldsteps.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 206

Sunny1

Looks the same

Shane, I can't tell the difference in this picture beetween what you say is on it and if it would have Ready Seal light brown on it. It looks just like the light brown decks we do all the time. Thanks for the comparison though.

Sunny1

Looks similar

I would have to disagree. The picture posted looks just like the many decks I've done in Ready Seal light brown. How does the Gray away apply? What is the base product of Gray away?

ron

ron p

went to GRAY AWAY'S site. It was not very good.
no info on product or "how to" no msds avail.
They recomend all wood[not new wood] be washed with CHLORINE and "turned a white color"[bleached out] before useing Gray Away.

Our Sponsors