$2000 Belt Drive Vs $1000 Direct

Kurt

What's Best Value between $2000 Commercial (Belt) PW and $1000 Home Depot-Like (Direct)?

Assuming both are:
3 K PSI
3.5-8 GPM
13 Horse
General/Comet Pump

Thanks for input.

Kurt

melsmobile

kurt,

at 3,000psi and 3.5 gpm you need 10 hp and 3,000 and 8 gpm you need 22 hp.

or were you saying 3.5 gpm to 3.8 gpm, if this was the case
i would by direct!:)

mel

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I would strongly suggest a Belt Drive over a Direct Drive anytime.

Especially at $1199 for a 13 HP Honda Belt Drive Cat Pump Unit:

3500 PSI $1199 to PWN members offer ends; 8/23/02
pressurewasherzone_1701_94012

http://www.powerwashnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4587&highlight=3500+psi

If you really want an inexpensive direct drive? How about $795 for 4 @ 3500 PSI
powered by a 13.5 HP Robin engine!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pressurewasherzone/col4gpm35psi.html
pressurewasherzone_1701_14372

oguard

In general a belt-drive unit will outlast a direct-drive unit by at least a factor of three.

Search this or other boards for the reasons why. The best one's being no mechanical coupling of the components, better heat tolerance due to air circulation and larger oil crankcase, lower RPM for longer life et al.

Direct-drive units are built to provide performance at the limits of all of the components. Belt-drive units use the engine/motor at it's optimal RPM and (in most cases) less than designed specifications for the pump.

Using just life cycle alone a $1000 direct-drive unit is = $3000 belt-drive. Therefore, $2000 is not a bad compromise. However, shop around because local professional pressure washer dealersl sell for less.

Common macroeconomic theory holds that every $ spent locally returns $7 in total to the local economy. Never a bad idea IMHO to help out a lot of others.

Hope this helps? Cheers.

Clean County

That Deal by Mark is a good one. A 3000psi belt driven Powerwasher with a Cat Pump(Top rated pump out there).

I have 2 similiar powerwashers that I paid alot more for. One is a Simpson that cost around $1700 and another is a Mi-t-M that cost about $2000. And that was 3-4 yrs ago.

If I was purchasing a powerwasher today and it wasn't a Hot water one then I would take Mark up on that offer.

Our Sponsors