Concrete around gas pumps

• Thread starter Steve@STATELINE P/W
  • Start date
S

Steve@STATELINE P/W

Need some info on cleaning around some gas pumps. The pad looks like it hasen't been cleaned in quite a while, they had a diesel spill that has stained the concrete. I do mostly residential therefore the only concrete I do is the sidewalks and driveways.
If anybody could e-mail me some cleaners that will pull the oil and diesel stains out of the concrete would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Stateline Pressure Washing

A

AranPressureWashing

Try Mutiatic Acid or Aluminum Brightener.
It won't get it all out - but it will help.

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

E-MAIL: aran@bellsouth.net

Jon

Steve,

Just a word of advice, be careful doing gas stations if you don't recapture, you get caught your out of business unless you have big $$$ to pay the fine with.

Degreaser, dwell 10 minutes and keep it wet then surface cleaner, then trubo as a final.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

D

David l Saulque

Jon
Will this take out deep stains? My dry soda will do a great job on the general clean but the deep oil stains remain-any ideas?

David

Jon

David,

Deep stains are a pain in the butt. Some use pure concrete power and sprinkle it on when done cleaning, it will not last forever but it hides stains.

I won't do that as it is not really doing away with the stains, only hides them for a few month but there are those who do use it.

Have not used my soda system at a station yet but after hearing you say it works great I think I will try it next time.

Jon

------------------
Beep beep, the OPC Roadrunner coming through.

Jon Fleischer
Oasis Pressure Cleaning
(909) 792-2247
Fax (909) 792-5633

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Jon on July 15, 2000 ]</font>

FeeMac

Make sure you do not let wash water go down the storm drains!!! There are people that will tell on you. Some are even other Power Washers with recovery equipment:mad:.( I had one of our local company's tell me about it) We use a good degreaser with hot water and almost all stains come up. You also get alot of gum around the pumps the hot water will take care of this. Good Luck and be careful of your wash water.

------------------
FeeMac. Inc.
John & Fiona McCasland
Virginia Beach, VA.

Our Sponsors