Black Stains on Gutters

Chano

Hey Y'all I am new here and I am also new to the PW business. I need to know what gets those black stains on rain gutters off. I tried bleach 4:1 with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A1PW.LLC

Hey Chano,
They have a product called gutter zap. You can use that or you can use castrol super clean it works great. You might have to do a little scrubbing.

Aplus

Chano said:
Hey Y'all I am new here and I am also new to the PW business. I need to know what gets those black stains on rain gutters off. I tried bleach 4:1 with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Welcome to the board Chano! Your question has been asked many, many times before, so the best thing to do is use the search function of this bbs and you will find a wealth of information. Good luck.

ASAP ATLANTA

A new tool for all Contractors. I am a Service Manager and I am here to bring you my tip of the day.

6% Butyl Non Caustic Cold Water Degreaser works great. However, you don't want to let stay on painted surfaces for too long. The detergent is safe, but if you let it stay on the paint for too long it will damage the surface. The recommended rate is 50:1 and for a pre-spray use a rate of 20:1. This product contains Sodium Metasilcate. Also works great on oil spots on drives w/ hot water, and the famous GEORGIA red clay

Last edited:

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Most butyl or delimonene based cleaners should
do the trick, as with any detergent / chemical
proper usage is the key.

Powerbrite would probably do the trick also, the
key is using the right mixture.

Click Here for info about Powerbrite

Happy Washing! [hello]

oneness

DrWhipIt said:
Gutter Zap is amazing!

Gutter Shock is amazinger. :)

The problems I ran into with Zap was that I had to brush too much and too often, it has a pretty nasty effect on bare aluminum window screens, and it'd take the paint off ocassionally.

With Gutter Shock I don't have any of those problems. I rarely have to brush at all, and when I do, it is in one or two stubborn spots, and it doesn't take much agitation at all. I spray it on (at about a 1:4 ratio of shock and water) with a pump up, and then rinse it off after a couple minutes dwell with a low pressure tip.

I've got a 5 gallon pail of zap if anyone wants it...You pick it up, you can have it.

Our Sponsors