how to get fleet work

bigboy

I have business cards made up but haven't yet began to solicit any companies.
I want to get into fleet cleaning, how should I approach people. Just leave a card and wait? Please help me.

Scott Stone

I was confused there for a minute. I thought, dang, Bigboy is going to xpand, but then, you are the wrong Bigboy. Being from Canada and all.

As for getting fleetwash business, depends on what type of business you want to build. If you want to do large volumes of work at competitive prices (read this cheap) you can drop flyers and pricing to all those companies you are interested in, and then take it from there. Make sure that you make call backs to everyone that you drop a flyer off at. If you want to get a premium price, then you need to make personal visits to fleet managers, and sell yourself to them. Always leave a card, and if you can, make your card different. My cards were Mauve for years, (Okay, kind of a dark pink) but they were great because they were always remembered.

biodude

Scott's right on. A unique busness card will be remembered and kept. We have had photos of our equipment on ours for a number of years now so it sticks in their mind when they see our trucks rolling down the road to their next job. They hopefully are reminded to give us a call at their next opportunity.

MR ALAN

Scott Stone said:
I was confused there for a minute. I thought, dang, Bigboy is going to xpand, but then, you are the wrong Bigboy. Being from Canada and all.

My thought exactly, first thing I did was look at the date to see how old it was.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Don't get up in flames,at one time we had another bigboy on the board and the cracks was pointed at him.At times he was sorta a A O and you had to read inbetween the lines to get the real meaning.He still roams the board but under a different name and not as wild as he used to be.
Enjoy the borad and use the search button alot................

Our Sponsors