Clean Water Business Partner Program

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Sacramento County is implementing what they term the "CLEAN WATER BUSINESS PARTNER PROGRAM" for mobile wash companies.

Participants in the CWBPP agree to help keep our creeks and rivers clean by implementing the following Best Management Practices (BMPs):

Inform customers (current & potential) about the CWBPP and stormwater BMPs.

Only discharge waste streams into the storm drainage system which have been specifically approved by the Sacramento Stormwater Management Program and the California Regional Water Quality Control Board.

Obtain permission from the property owner prior to discharging any wastewater at the jobsite.

Wastewater which is discharged to dirt or landscaped surfaces must not:
contain hazardous waste
contain food grease, garbage, or other food related wastes
cause flooding, safety hazard, or nuisance conditions
Flow to a creek or storm drain
Damage vegetation or soil

Hazardous wastes generated by the use of hazardous chemicals (e.g. cleaners, acids, caustics, etc.), removal of hazardous waste from cleaned objects and surfaces, or the concentration of pollutants during the treatment of waste streams will be handled and disposed of in accordance with hazardous waste laws. This BMP includes the following requirements:
Obtain all necessary permits, as directed by the Sacramento County Environmental Management Department - Hazardous Materials Division
Maintain all required records.
Handle, store, and dispose of hazardous wastes legally.

Obtain and comply with the appropriate permits from the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (916-***-****) for any discharges to the sanitary sewer.

Only individual operators who have current certification with the CWBPP may operate equipment marked with CWBPP logos, or represent the company as a CWBPP participant.

Handle and dispose of all chemicals and cleaning agents in accordance with label directions, and in a manner that protects the safety of the public, employees, and the environment.

Renew self-certification annually.

I, _______________________ (name), representing _____________________ (name of business), hereby certify that as a participant in the Clean Water Business Partner Program, I agree to implement the Best Management Practices listed above. I acknowledge that failure to abide by these practices will disqualify my business from participation in the Clean Water Business Partner Program.

Signature _________________________________ Date ________________________

Clean Water Business Partner Program

Our Sponsors