Shurflow Spray Wands

Tim Lynch

I've been buying them from NT the ones that telescope to 6 feet. Brass with plastic handle. I like them but they seem to die off or can't handle my abuse.

One keeps weeping and yesterday the working one was split at the end on the extention part. Well its a POS now maybe I can fix it...

So I am looking to see if anyone has found something like the above that are a bit tougher? These were only 24.99 and I would say lasted 4 months, thats not really good in my eyes but maybe that is?

Whats the best spray wand for the shurflow that will scope to 6 feet? For deck chems.

Thanks

Cody

<font color=e87400>This may not be the answer you're looking for but...

I just use a regular pressure washer trigger gun. I have a standard 3/8 QD on my chem line so that I can attach any wand in my box to it. I have a particular one that I use for it though, it's a standard trigger gun with no extension on it, if I need some length to the sucker I just snap on an extension. I (like most people) have several extensions on hand all the time 3' 4' 6' 8'. Grant it this isn't a telescoping want but it works well.

I also have a couple of telescoping wands that I made for it. I used the gold extensions poles that you can get from HD or Lowes (for painters extensions I think). I just popped off the screw thread on the top of it & the grip on the bottom & ran a chem hose up the middle & set it up just like a High Pressure extension wand. For a valve I use a little plastic ballvalve (couple bucks in the plumbing dept). The 2 I have are 4' (extends to 8) & 6' (extends to 12') I only have these for when I absloutely need an telescoping wand, for areas where I need one length one minute & another length the next - cases where mobility is an issue. If you don't know what I am talking about here just yell, I'll go into more detail if ya like.

Cody</font>

Christopher

Cody,
I was thinking of doing the same thing but I do not know how to secure the tip at the end of the extension pole. I did think of using a pvc valve or other type of inexpensive valve on the hose line before it enters the pole. How do you attach the nozzle to the end of the pole? Thanks

Dan S

How about a hose barb You can get the ones with threads on the other end so you can srcew a 1/4 coupler followed with a nozzle. I use old spray nozzles at the end of mine. or just buy a hose that has the thread already on it ............if you can fit it up the handle

Christopher

Problem securing nozzle in extension pole

I have a lot of fittings so I can do that but the problem is securing the nozzle in the end of the extension pole so it is secure and does not wobble around so when you move it, the tip just does not hang there or spray all over. I am thinking of ways to secure it but Cody had a post that he did it and it worked for him. I was going to pm or email him but the member list is locked down. Any ideas how to secure the tip into the end of the extension pole? Thanks.

Dan S

Hose barb=coupler=nozzle

use hose clamp to secure it
It wont just hang there and spray all over
If you dont want to use a couple plum it in direct and get a 1/4 meg nozzle

Don Phelps

Will something like this work?

Attachments

• roof wand 001.jpg
    roof wand 001.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 171
  • roof wand 002.jpg
    roof wand 002.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 147
  • roof wand 003.jpg
    roof wand 003.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 164

Christopher

Don,
Yes that will work for making the pvc wand 8' long but i would like to do like cody did with the yellow extension poles with the thread at the end for paint rollers. I can run the hose up the middle but where the hose comes out, I will have the hose barb with hose clamp with coupler but I have not figured out how to secure all of that to the end of the pole.

Dan,
Do you mean secure everything with a huge hose clamp going around both the pole and the coupler? If I did that then I could not run the hose inside the pole unless I drilled a hole so the hose could come out near the end and then have everything clamped to the pole at the end.

I was just thinking of how to secure everything into the pole so hose is not hanging out where it could get rubbed too much or cut.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Dan S

Chris, It is pretty primative but I built one a couple years ago with a extenda wand

What I did was use one of those coil 1/4" lines ....the kind that streach's .anyways I put that line on the outside of the pole and drilled a hole near the top and plumed in my nozzle.By doing it this way I was able to go from 6' to 12' or something like that , and the coiled line would go up and down the outside of the extenda wand..
as a matter of fact I also drilled 2 holes in a trk. brush hooked up two nozzles and had a shut off at the end of the wand ( when I wanted soap I turned it on and brushed away) I Y them together and then used the thread part of the wand to screw the brush on.

told `ya it was primative.

Our Sponsors